All About Trail Running
Trail running has gained immense popularity recently throughout the world. It has millions of fans all around the globe. Trail running has a very difficult course to run. The course may lead to mountains or deserts or just narrow passages. They are usually inaccessible by roads. Also, the number of participants is less. Thus, most of the time, the participants need to run on their own. Though the course has aid outlets every five to ten kilometers, participants prefer carrying their own food and drink. They have to practice this during training itself.
Anyone participating in trail running must have stellar navigational skills. They must find their way themselves. They need to carry maps especially in places that do not have any signs. As the area is huge, drifting away from the main course is not too uncommon.
Participants must wear proper foot ware that is stiffer, stronger, and more protective than even the normal shoes used during running. They also need to carry with them wicking garments, sunscreen lotion, eye glares, water bottles, backpack, and other safety gears. They must be well equipped for hiking when the need arises.
Tips On Trail Running
– You need to prevent yourself from getting dehydrated while running. You must always carry water with you. You need to carry enough water to keep you going. Also, it is not a bad idea to put a cooler in your car with a frozen bottle of water. The ice will help you keep your food from perishing. It will also help in keeping the other bottles cool. And you will be able to enjoy ice cold water after you come back. During winter, you can keep a flask with your favorite hot drink, too.
– You must replenish your stock with enough energy gels and bars to give you energy to brave a rough terrain. You can also carry with you non-perishable food items like dry fruits, figs, chocolates, and so on. They are easy to carry and can boost your energy to great heights.
– To save your eyes from the glare of the sun, you must wear proper sunglasses. Sunscreen lotions are essential to prevent you from getting burned. The trail may also require you running through the woods. You must carry insect repellents with you to save you from the deadly insects.
– You should also be equipped with proper clothing even if itís hot when you start the race. You never know when the weather changes. You surely would not want to catch an irritating cold.
– Carry a light cell phone in case of unforeseen circumstances. You never know what happens when.
Keep in mind these small tips and you are sure to emerge as a good runner.